About Me

My photo
United States
My husband and I have been married for 12 years and I am a "Stay At Home Mom" of four beautiful and crazy children, ages 6, 5, 3 and 11 months. I spend most of my time rushing from one event to the next between school and activities.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Last Trip For The Summer!! - August 2009

We didn't get many trips in during the summer. I planned on visiting my Grandma a lot more than we did, but we were tied here with swimming lessons all summer. It was worth the kids learning to swim, but I worry about Grandma's health. She is my kids last great grandparent left.

We stopped in at Traintown in Sonoma. We had never been there before. The kids had a ball. We will have to make another visit sometime when their Dad is available to join us.

Joe was still a little sleepy from the long car ride.


Hannah was afraid once the train started moving. Kyle was her protector, as always!

Here's the little bridge we crossed over. The ride was about 20 minutes long.

This is the little miniature town we stopped at along the way. There was a little petting zoo and the kids got to get out and explore the miniature buildings.

Here they are in jail. Hailey was the only smart one on the outside!

Kyle was quite at home in the little school house.

The boys liked the little fire engine.

Here's all four of my little monkeys all loaded up and ready to ride back to the station!

We drove out to Bodega Bay on this trip. It was Hailey's first time to the beach. Apparently we chose a really bad weekend. The weather was beautiful, but it was a really rough surf. There were warnings up and down the coast to watch your young children so they don't get swept out. I have never seen so many Park Rangers out - ever! My 3 big chickens were scared so we didn't venture down close to the water.

Until we got to a protected beach. I took Hailey for a picture by the water. I wanted to get her feet wet and let her feel the sand. This took about 5 minutes - then it was back to the car. Kyle was actually crying at this point! The warnings really scared him. He didn't quite understand that the warnings were only on the dangerous beaches and we were on a protected beach. Maybe next trip he will be a little more comfortable!


As you can see the weather was absolutely gorgeous! I'm homesick just looking at the pictures.

We stopped off at my Elementary school. Here's Kyle and Hannah in front of my school. It has changed a lot since I last saw it!

No comments: